Tuesday, December 20, 2011

1221/221 Dodge SRT-4

In the fall of 2003, I went car shopping. When I got to the dealer I found that the sales office had been moved temporarily to the garage while the sales area was being renovated. When I walked into the makeshift sales office, I saw an awesome black Dodge Viper staring me in the face. My jaw dropped when I saw in big bold letters:

12 Mpg city 21 Mpg highway.

After putting some money down on a new Dodge SRT-4, I asked the salesman where the restroom was. He apologized and said that the restrooms were completely torn down and all they had were some portables out in the parking lot. I had to laugh when I noticed that the phone number of the portable toilet company ended in 1221. Then when I got home I found a page-a-day calendar page with a prototype SRT-4 on it. What are the odds that it was dated April 21st?

One of the first magazine advertisements for the car said " Under 21 and barely legal" Later on in Men’s Health Magazine there was a small article about the SRT-4 and just below it was the number 21 in big bold letters and in a small text box it said: “21 The number of weeks the average car buyer must work to pay for a new car.

Even numbers on my 2012 license plate tabs end in 221!

Click here to continue

No comments:

Post a Comment